Today’s Current Affairs for Competitive Exams – Daily Current Affairs & News 2021!
This post is also available in: Hindi
After analyzing the recent trends in various competitive examinations it is evident that the importance of Current Affairs and General Awareness has significantly increased. While asking questions from GA, the basic focus of the examiner has shifted from rote learning to conceptual and analytical clarity. The weightage of various topics that comes under this section like, Science and Technology, Environment, Welfare Schemes, etc. have increased. It is very important for the candidates that they are aware of what is happening around the world as it will help them prepare better for various competitive exams organized for government jobs. Testbook is providing daily GK and current affairs in this article, you can also download all important news as PDF. Furthermore, you can also attempt Current Affairs Quizzes to track your performance.
Have a look at – Current Affairs 2021 Online Coaching Live
Testbook offers daily current affairs to study important events. Know about important topics in the Current Affairs 21st November 2021, which can be asked in your upcoming exams like, Indian Navy commissions INS Visakhapatnam on 21 November 2021, Paytm Money launches AI-powered ‘Voice Trading’, KVG Bank adjudged Best Regional Rural Bank by ASSOCHAM, etc. Also, you can practice Current Affairs October Quiz and download Current Affairs October Capsule.
Let’s go through the highlights of Current Affairs 21st November 2021
- Indian origin Kamala Harris became first woman with presidential power
- Karnataka CM inaugurates Indian National Basketball League
- Beryl Thanga receives Manipur State Award for his novel
- CBT approves constitution of four sub-committees on different matters
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims: 21 November 2021
To know the important Current Affairs 21st November 2021 along with the highlighted news mentioned above, all Banking, SSC, Railway, and Insurance aspirants continue reading this article on Important Current Affairs 21st November 2021.
Current Affairs 21st November 2021 – Important Notes
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 1st (14th Nov to 20th Nov)
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book ‘Srimadramayanam’ on 18 November 2021 in Hyderabad.”
- Andhra Pradesh Police has been ranked first in the IPF Smart Policing Index 2021.
- Pooja Badlani became Mrs India Worldwide Queen 2021.
- World Children’s Day is observed on 20 November every year.
Get details on TSPSC FRO Exam
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 2nd (14th Nov to 20th Nov)
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee launched the ‘Duare Ration’ scheme on 16 November 2021.”
- Pochampally village in Telangana was declared as one of the best tourism villages in the world by the UNWTO.
- The Indian men’s team of compound archers clinched the bronze medal at Asian Archery Championships 2021.
- 17th November is observed as International Students’ Day globally, every year.
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 3rd (14th Nov to 20th Nov)
- The Food Corporation of India (FCI) has launched India’s First Food Museum at Thanjavur.
- The Arunachal Pradesh government has declared Kaiser-i-Hind (Teinopalpus imperialis) as the state butterfly.
- India has ranked 82nd in the Global Bribery Risk Index in 2021.
- The 3rd edition of the Trilateral Maritime Exercise named SITMEX–21 is being held from 15 to 16 Nov 21 in the Andaman Sea.
Get details on FCI Watchman Recruitment
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 4th (14th Nov to 20th Nov)
- Akshay Karnewar has become the first bowler in men’s T20 cricket to concede zero runs from his full quota of overs.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched the ‘Veer Gatha Project’ for students from grades 3-12.
- Balwant Moreshwar Purandare, popularly known as Babasaheb Purandare, passed away in Nov’21.
- 15 November 2021 marked the 146th anniversary of Birsa Munda.
Beryl Thanga receives Manipur State Award for his novel
- Novelist Beryl Thanga alias Laishram Biramangol Singh received the 12th Manipur State Award for Literature 2020 for his book – Ei Amadi Adungeigi Ithat’ (I and the then island), in November 2021.
- The award given by Governor La. Ganesan carries a plaque, citation, Rs. 3 lakh (in cheque) and a shawl.
- Manipuri language is one of the 22 scheduled languages under the Constitution of India.
Check the list for various Books and Authors
Alpine skier Arif Khan qualifies for Beijing Winter Olympics 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir alpine skier Arif Mohammed Khan has qualified for the 2022 Winter Olympics to be held in Beijing.
- Khan, who hails from North Kashmir qualified in an Olympic qualifier alpine skiing event in Dubai.
- He has earlier represented the country in many international events, including World Championships.
- The Winter Olympics will be held in Beijing from February 4 to 20, 2022.
Get all information on Sports Cup and Trophies
Indian origin Kamala Harris became first woman with presidential power
- US Vice President Kamala Harris became the first woman with presidential power in the US on 19 Nov’21, when President Joe Biden temporarily transferred power to her.
- The power transfer took place while Biden was under anaesthesia for a routine colonoscopy for 1 hr 25 mins.
- In the US, it is usual for a Vice President to assume presidential powers whenever the president requires anaesthesia.
Understand the Indian Presidential Election System
Hyderabad police organizes job mela for women
- Hyderabad City Police on November 20, 2021, organized a ‘Job Mela’ for women.
- The program, which was attended by around 2,000 women, had five companies offering 265 jobs.
- Around 9,168 people got employment.
- Commissioner of Police Anjani Kumar, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crimes and SIT) Shikha Goel and DCP (South zone) Gajarao Bhupal inaugurated the job mela.
Check details on TSWDCW Recruitment
Karnataka CM inaugurates Indian National Basketball League
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on 20 November 2021 inaugurated the Indian National Basketball League (INBL) in Bengaluru.
- The league which has been announced by the Basketball Federation of India aims to strengthen basketball and make it reach the rural areas of the country.
- The league matches will start in 2022 after the Basketball Senior Nationals tournament.
Read about Sports Awards in India
World Expo being held in Dubai from November 18-23, 2021
- The World Expo is being held in Dubai from November 18 to 23, 2021.
- The cultural splendor of Maharashtra will be presented in various forms at this expo.
- Six films, a Marathi web series, and a film on Maharashtra would be screened at the Dubai Expo.
- Maharashtra Minister for Cultural Affairs Amit Deshmukh and Secretary for Cultural Affairs Saurabh Vijay are participating in the expo.
Get details on MPSC Subordinate Service Exam here
CBT approves constitution of four sub-committees on different matters
- The Central Board of Trustees has approved the constitution of 4 sub-committees.
- 2 committees on establishment related matters and futuristic implementation of Social Security Code will be headed by the Minister of State Labour and Employment Rameswar Teli.
- The other 2 on Digital capacity building and Pension related issues will be headed by Labour and Employment Secretary Sunil Barthwal.
FCI’s first state of art laboratory inaugurated in Gurugram
- Food Corporation of India (FCI) under the Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) has developed its first state-of-art laboratory for in-house testing of food grain samples.
- Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution inaugurated the ‘Quality Control Laboratory’ at Institute of Food Security (IFS), FCI, Gurugram on 20 November 2021.
Get details on FSSAI Recruitment here
Paytm Money launches AI-powered ‘Voice Trading’
- Paytm Money has launched ‘Voice Trading’, powered by artificial intelligence.
- It allows users to explore, buy, and sell securities by speaking out the commands.
- The voice trading feature enables a single voice command, with the use of neural networks and natural language processing (NLP) to allow instant processing.
- It has been currently launched in beta mode for select users.
Know about SEBI Grade A Exam here
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims: 21 November 2021
- The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is observed on the 3rd Sunday in Nov each year.
- The day was started by RoadPeace in 1993.
- For 2021, it was observed on 21 Nov.
- In 2005, the United Nations endorsed it as a global day to be observed as the “appropriate acknowledgment for victims of road traffic injuries and their families”.
- The theme for 2021 is Remember. Support. Act.
Check Important Days of November here
World Television Day: 21 November
- On November 21, World Television Day is celebrated all across the globe every year to mark the significance of the spectacular invention of television.
- On 21 and 22 November 1996, the UN held the first World Television Forum
- That is why it decided to proclaim 21 Nov as World Television Day.
- In 1927, a 21-year-old designer, Philo Taylor Farnsworth, concocted the world’s first electronic TV.
Istvan Szabo conferred with Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement award
- Hungarian Filmmaker Istvan Szabo and Hollywood filmmaker Martin Scorsese have been conferred the Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement award by the 52nd International Film Festival of India.
- They were awarded on 20 November 2021 in Goa.
- Istvan is known for his international success with the film Mephisto.
- Satyajit Ray is considered as one of the pioneers of the modern cinema.
Check the list for Oscar Winning Movies!
World Fisheries Day: 21 November
- World Fisheries Day is celebrated across the world on 21 November annually.
- The main purpose behind this day is to highlight the importance of sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world.
- The first World Fisheries Day was celebrated on November 21, 2015, during the opening of the International Fishermen’s Organization in New Delhi.
KVG Bank adjudged Best Regional Rural Bank by ASSOCHAM
- In recognition of its initiatives in Digital Financial Services in response to ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, KVG Bank has been adjudged Best Regional Rural Bank under ‘Regional Rural Banks Category’ by ASSOCHAM, Mumbai.
- RBI Regional Director R. Gurumurthy handed over the award to KVG Bank Chairman P. Gopi Krishna in Nov’21.
- ASSOCHAM stands for Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.
Read about Economic Survey 2021
M Mukundan wins 2021 JCB Prize for Literature for his novel
- M Mukundan’s ‘Delhi: A Soliloquy’, translated from Malayalam by Fathima EV and Nandakumar K, has won of the JCB Prize for Literature,
- This is the third win for a Malayalam translation since the award’s first edition in 2018, the earlier being “Jasmine Days” (2018) by Benyamin and S Hareesh’s “Moustache” (2020).
- Mukundan won a trophy titled ‘Mirror Melting’ and a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh.
BharatPe launches Merchant Shareholding Program
- BharatPe has announced the launch of the Merchant Shareholding Program (MSP) for its merchant partners.
- The company will be rolling out this program to its 7.5 million+ existing merchant partners and extend this to new merchants who join it.
- It plans to create an equity pool structure worth upto $100 mn for MSP to be allotted to eligible merchants over the course of the next 4 years.
Vihan and Nav win International Children’s Peace Prize
- Two Indian teenage brothers have won the 2021 KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize for tackling pollution from household waste.
- Vihaan and Nav Agarwal have developed the “One Step Greener” initiative segregating recyclables and organizing pickups for trash from thousands of homes.
- Indian Nobel Peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi presented the prize to them in The Hague in Nov’21.
Indian Navy commissions INS Visakhapatnam on 21 November 2021
- The commissioning ceremony of INS Visakhapatnam, the first ship of Project 15B, took place on 21 November 2021 at the Naval Dockyard of Mumbai.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was the Chief Guest at the event.
- Visakhapatnam class ships have been designed by Directorate of Naval Design and built by M/s Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd, Mumbai.
- It is equipped with many major indigenous weapons.
Get to know about INET Exam
BRO bags Guinness World Record for constructing highest motorable road
- Border Road Organisation (BRO) of India has received the Guinness World Records Certificate.
- It has received it for constructing and blacktopping the world’s highest motorable road at 19,024 feet at Umlingla Pass in Ladakh.
- The BRO provided a blacktopped road to the village of Demchok in Eastern Ladakh that will enhance the socio-economic conditions and promote tourism in Ladakh.
Maharashtra signs MoU with Rocky Mountain Institute- India
- The Maharashtra govt has signed an MoU with the Indian arm of the USA-based Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI).
- RMI India will provide technical support for the implementation of the state’s recently launched EV Policy.
- The MoU was signed in Glasgow amid the ongoing COP26 summit.
- Maharashtra’s new draft EV Policy 2021 aims to bring at least 146,000 battery-operated EVs on roads by 2025.
Get updated list of Chief Ministers of India
Category Wise Current Affairs
|Summits and Conferences|